Medeco® G8R Series Padlock
With its tough, weather resistant construction, this is the padlock of choice for extreme environments such as trailers, cargo containers, and gates. The Medeco® G8R body is constructed of solid stainless steel. You can choose from either a stainless steel shackle for maximum corrosion resistance, or hardened steel to withstand severe physical attack. Each padlock includes a weather seal cap attached by a cable.
The Medeco® G8R will accept either an electronic Medeco NX or mechanical t-handle cylinder. The mechanical cylinders provide the benefit of patented key control and pick resistance. The Medeco NX cylinder adds sophisticated audit and control features transforming the G8R into a portable access control system for extreme environments.
The Medeco® G8R padlock can be ordered with a variety of different cylinder technologies. To compare the mechanical features, see the below chart.
Mechanical Cylinder Features
|Can be incorporated into master key system with cam lock products||x|
|Protect against drill, wrenching, bumping and prying attacks||x|
|Solid Brass Construction||x|
|Patent Protected Keys||x|
For loss and liability control, the G8R offers the following ecylinder options:
Electronic Cylinder Features
|Audit of the cylinder||x||x|
|Audit of the key||x||x|
|Can be incorporated into Medeco®Mechanical system||x||x|
|No wiring involved||x||x|
|Multiple user access groups||x||x|
- Sealed construction protects cylinders from water and road grime.
- Stainless Steel body resists attack and corrosion.
- Shackles can be specified in stainless or hardened steel to fit your application.
- Padlock can house a Medeco® mechanical cylinder for key control and pick resistance, or a NEXGEN cylinder for electronic access control features.
The G8R Series was designed for locking installations requiring weather resistance and strong physical security. Applications include:
- cargo containers
- trailer doors
- vending machines
Warranted for two (2) years against manufacturer’s defects. See the Medeco® limited warranty for full details.
- 300 series, cast stainless steel body.
- Padlock is sold less cylinder. Compatible with Medeco® mechanical and Medeco NX electronic t-handle cylinders.
- Padlocks are shipped with a weather seal cap attached by a steel cable. A finish plate is included for applications that do not require the weather seal cap.