Key Cutting/Lock Re-Keying:
Bernard’s Security Access offers a host of lock and key services to prevent unauthorized access and theft. We provide high-security key systems from Medeco® that cannot be duplicated, limiting the likelihood of theft to your home and/or business.
Bernard’s Security Access Ltd has always offered Medeco® Locks and Medeco® Keys in commercial and residential applications that offer pick and drill resistance, as well as strict key control. Bernard’s is now a full distributer of the new Medeco® M3 High Security Lock System.
M3 is a UL Listed patented locking system better than Biaxial system which it replaces. Bernard’s is pleased to be chosen by Medeco® Canada for early adoption of their new product with an exclusive keyway!
Historically, unauthorized key duplication has played a major role in compromising even the most sophisticated security systems. Tenants, maintenance personnel, and employees with even temporary access to original keys have no problem getting duplicates made for their own use. The warning “Do Not Duplicate” stamped on a key is merely a challenge for most non-professional key duplicators.
The basic problem is that most key blanks and common key cutting machines are easy to obtain. Medeco® has counter-acted the key control problem by doing three things:
1) Medeco® manufactures cylinders, which use keys that must be made on special key-cutting machines. These machines must be capable of reproducing the angled cuts and critical tolerances necessary to reproduce a workable key.
2) Medeco® sells its high quality, precision-machined cylinders and locks
3) Only distributes to professional security industries such as locksmith wholesalers and retailers, contract hardware and alarm equipment suppliers.
4) Every Medeco® key blank is marked with its name to identify it as an authorized key blank that will work properly in Medeco® products and give long product life.
5) Medeco® has successfully litigated its right to protect against unauthorized manufacture and distribution of its restricted key blanks.